Saturday, March 23, 2013

One of the Gray Shades


The alarm clock went off with the same annoying and high pitched sound as usual, I fumbled for the off switch. Pulling the covers over my head I let out a sound of something that could be interpreted as utter despair. 
Early mornings was something I despised, it felt like they sucked out all of my energy the moment I woke when I instead should be full of it after a whole night’s sleep. With great effort I rolled myself out of bed, and with something closely resembling a zombie walk, I made my way to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror I frowned at the person staring back at me, with a pair of droopy eyes and with something that looked like a dead animal on my head. Sighing I placed myself under the hot water in the shower, feeling a little bit of relief.
No, early mornings definitely wasn’t my thing, and it didn’t make things better that the winter brought ice cold and pitch black mornings. It made you feel even more like you should be asleep. Somehow the long winters dampened my mood, and what little optimism I had in possession seemed to wither away with the last leaves of each autumn.
After a hot shower, a hopeless search through my almost empty fridge and a once again disastrous looking wardrobe I left my apartment, that now was in an even more desperate need for a cleaning. Outside of my apartment building the cold hit me like a slap in the face; I started walking putting on my mp-3 player. The first song streaming out, One Ok Rock’s ‘Liar’, asked the very question I had asked ‘life’ in my head over, and over again. ‘What do you want from me? Just let me breathe a little…’
But breathing is not always easy, and breathing in the cold air early in the morning, is not really a pleasant thing. The cold air filling your lungs, making you feel like you're choking on your very life source. Ironic. When the air here where I live, is purer than most places in this world...

No comments: